Out of the mouths of babes

I am sitting here studying for a test, reading about various procedures for eye, ear and gastrointestinal disorders and hear my son in a sing song voice say..
"Dick, Dick, Diiiiiick, mom what does dick mean?"
I swear it felt like someone had tied a rubber band around my neck and forced all the blood to pool in my cheeks. Like any good mom would do, I asked him to repeat what he said even though it was quite clear the first 200 times. When I was certain he said Dick and not Rick, sick or flick I asked him where he heard that word. Perhaps he had a Richard in preschool? He told me it was from school. Faster than I could reach for the phone and disenroll him he took all the childhood innocence that he could muster and said...
"You know, in DICK tac toe" 
I quietly placed my dirty mind back into it's proper place in my frontal lobe and went back to studying.


Monday, June 11, 2007 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap." Fred Allen

Iven Do It

Tale of Two Crystals